Southern Company (NYSE: SO)UTILITIES - Electric Utilities
Stock price data as of 09/20/2019
Closing price: 61.11
|Support price level:||$58.34|
|Resistance price level:||N/A|
|Relative strength index (14-day RSI)||74.0|
- SO is at or near its 52-week high. Studies have found that such stocks have an increased probability of outperforming the market over the next year.
- With a 39.8 percent return in the past year, this stock outperformed 90 percent of stocks in the S&P-100.
- The price of this low-beta stock is expected to increase by 0.30% for every 1% increase in the S&P-500.
- Volatility is forecast to fall over the next month.
- With RSI > 70, SO is overbought. Odds slightly favor a short-term price reversal.
- Price broke above prior resistance level - a short-term bullish signal.
|Low||High||Price as % of Range|
|200 day||50 day||20 day||10 day|
|Last month||Current estimate||Next month forecast|
- 4.3% in the next week.
- 8.8% in the next month.
- 33.1% in the next year.